Where can I park my car?
- The Westin Resort and Spa offers underground parking for guests. The parking facility is located underneath the hotel. Cars can either be self parked or valet parked. Cost for parking is CAD$30 (plus tax) for self parking and CAD$34 (plus tax) for valet parking. Parking is charged per car/per day.
- Overheight Parking - 6'6 ft height or 7'6 ft width. Cost is CAD$34 (plus tax).
- We do not have parking for RV’s or Trailer on site. There is parking for these types of vehicles at other locations in the village. If you require further information on this, please email our concierge.
- View the driving directions to the Westin Resort and Spa.
What options are there for getting from Vancouver Airport to the Westin Resort and Spa?
- There are a variety of options for transportation to and from the airport. The Westin Resort and Spa recommends that guests utilize the Bus or Private Chartered Vehicle.
- There is the option to rent a private vehicle. We do not recommend private vehicle usage for guests that are not comfortable driving in heavy snow conditions. If renting a car, there is only one rental drop off location in Whistler, Avis Rental Cars. Please note that it is a requirement for all passenger vehicles to have snow tires when traveling the sea to sky highway.
- If you require assistance with transportation options, please email our concierge and we would be more than happy to assist.
Is it possible to store my luggage at the hotel after checkout?
- Luggage storage is a complimentary service offered at our bell desk. We will store luggage up to the time you leave the hotel. If you are skiing or biking for the day, we offer the use of our health club facilities for guests to shower and change after check out.
What time is check in?
- 4pm. Early check in requests are not guaranteed. If you do arrive early we will do all that we can to accommodate your early arrival. If your room is not available, we do have storage available for your bags and you will have access to the resort facilities until your room is ready.
What time is check out?
- 12pm. The availability of late checkouts are based on occupancy. Requests for a late checkout should be directed to the Service Express Team during your stay.
What are the dining options on property?
- We feature a variety of onsite dining options, including the Grill & Vine restaurant, Off the Vine grab & go coffee station, FireRock Lounge, and Kaze Sushi. Perfectly located in the heart of Whistler Village, we are also steps away from an endless selection of world renowned restaurants.
If I am a Gold or Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest can I guarantee a 4pm checkout prior to my arrival?
- A platinum member can guarantee a late check out prior to arrival through the use of their Your24 certificates. These are allocated to platinum members by Starwood only.
- For gold and platinum members that do not have these certificates, we do all that we can to prioritize your late check out requests. Due to our resort being very popular with Gold and Platinum guest during our busy periods we may not be able to guarantee a 4pm checkout.
What are the accessibility options at the hotel?
- We have two room types that have been modified to cater for our guests that require accessible rooms: Deluxe Studio Suites and One Bedroom Suites. These rooms have a shower over bath with a railing for the shower and the toilet.
- For those people that require a standing shower, we also have shower chairs available complimentary.
- Our pool area is also accessible via an elevator.
- For people that sustain an injury while staying with us, we do have a wheelchair that can be used temporarily. For any long-term use our concierge can assist with organizing this for our guests.
Does the hotel participate in the Make A Green Choice program?
Yes! Guests who choose to Make A Green Choice during their stay can choose between a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starpoints® awarded at check-out for each night you decline housekeeping (except day of departure). Learn more about Make A Green Choice and about our hotel's green initiatives.
Is there an early departure fee if I chose to depart early after my arrival to the hotel?
- If a guest chooses on check in to depart prior to their confirmed check-out date, they are within their cancellation policy. As the guest is within the cancelation policy the guest will be responsible for the full balance of the room and taxes.
Can I shorten my stay prior to my arrival without penalty?
- Please refer to your confirmation details as to the cancellation period that applies to your reservation. If you have any questions regarding your cancellation period, please contact our reservations department via phone 604.935.4499 or email.
Can I bring my pet with me and at what is the cost?
- Yes! Dogs are allowed in the hotel. We ensure that our four-legged guests are well cared for with our Westin Heavenly Dog Program® including Heavenly Dog Bed® and dog bowl.
- There is no charge for dogs, all guests must sign a pet waiver upon arrival. Dogs are not permitted alone in guest rooms. Dog sitting can be organized through local providers at an additional fee and can be arranged by our concierge with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Please kindly note that dogs are not allowed in our restaurant or pool area.
- To request a pet friendly room contact us at 604.935.4499 or email us with your reservation details.
How do I pay for someone else’s room if I am not going to be at the hotel during their stay?
- Please contact in-house reservations and they will send you a secure link to reservations connection.
Are cribs, high chairs and strollers available?
- Cribs, highchairs and playpens are available upon request and subject to availability. Jogging strollers are also available upon request. While there is no fee, a security deposit is applied to the guest account for all equipment usage request. Make a request via email.
Do you offer additional bedding such as roll aways?
- Due to fire regulations we are unable to allow any cots or rollaways in guest rooms. There is a sofa bed in all room types excluding our accessible suites and Deluxe Studio Queen Suites. Should you require a sofa bed please make a request via email.
Can I connect my rooms?
- Our One Bedroom Suites and Deluxe Studio Suites do connect. There is an additional charge to connect these suite types. Please email Reservations to inquire about our connecting suites.
Is there a charge for extra people in the rooms?
- There is no additional charge for children under 18 years of age. An extra adult charge of CAD$30 (plus tax) will be applied when the number of adults exceed the base number of occupants. A room rate for Deluxe Studio and a 1 bedroom suite is based on a 2 person occupancy, a 2 bedroom suite is based on a 4 person occupancy and a Mountain Suite is based on a 6 person occupancy.
Is there a cost for Internet?
- Newly updated high speed, premium Wifi access is $14.95 per day, for up to 10 devices. Complimentary high speed Wifi access in select suites. Best for Web Surfing, Facebook, Exchange Based Emails, Netflix, Large email downloads, etc.
- Internet access is also available for purchase at the 24 hour business centre on Level C.
- SPG Members - enjoy free Premium internet access when you book through Starwood websites, mobile websites and mobile apps. Not a member? Join Now >>
What are the details of the premium internet access provided by the hotel?
- Dual band, wireless access point in every guest room
- Multiple access points in meeting rooms and lobby
- Roaming access throughout hotel lobbies and meeting areas
- 10 Mb/s up/down access per user in guest rooms
- Up to 2,000 simultaneous connection throughout hotel
- Capability of 500 Mb/s total bandwidth for large groups with prior notice
- Hotel downloads over 1 TB of data every day during high volume/occupancy at the hotel
- Custom SSIDs available for groups with prior notice throughout hotel
Is there a minimum age requirement?
- The minimum age to stay in a room at the Westin Resort and Spa is 21 years old. Anyone under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 21.
Are smoking rooms available?
- The Westin Resort and Spa is 100% non-smoking. This applies to all guest rooms and indoor public areas including the restaurant and lounge.
Where can I store my skis?
- While we do not allow skis in guest rooms, our guests are welcome to use the ski valet located on level 1. There is a charge for ski valet CAD$9/day/set of skis. The maximum charge per room is CAD$27/per day. And when you rent your high performance ski or snowboard equipment through Whistler Blackcomb, not only will you have the convenience of being able to pick them up in the hotel, you will also receive complimentary ski valet.
Where can I store my bike?
- While we do not allow bikes in guest rooms, guests are welcome to use the bike valet located at the entry of the hotel on the Lobby Level. There is a charge for bike valet CAD$6/day/bike. We also have self storage of bikes available; to use this facility the guest must provide their own lock.
Will I require a car to get to the village?
- The Westin Resort and Spa is conveniently located in the heart of Whistler village. The village is a pedestrian village. Once in the village you will not require a car to make your way throughout the village.
- There is a courtesy shuttle available to guests that services the village between Creekside and Alpine areas only. This is not able to be reserved ahead of time.
- Please note that for certain activities may require a vehicle to get to and from the tour. Please email our concierge for inquiries regarding tours and activities that may require a vehicle.
How close are the ski lifts to the hotel?
- The ski lifts are located in Skiers Plaza which is a 50m walk from the hotel. You can get access to both Whistler and Blackcomb from Skiers Plaza.
Where is the closest location to rent skis?
- Whistler Blackcomb rental store is conveniently located on Level 1 of the hotel. For assistance with ski rentals please email our concierge.
Will I see bears when in Whistler?
- Whistler area is the home to over 90 black bears. Black bears are most active during the summer months, as most bears hibernate during the winter. It is unusual to encounter a bear in the village. If you have questions or concerns regarding what to do during a bear encounter, we have information booklets available on check in.
Are there laundry machines in the rooms?
- Our Penthouse Mountain suites have laundry machines in the rooms. All floors excluding the 3rd Floor have laundry facilities. There is laundry detergent available for purchase in the guests room refreshment centre.
How much are room taxes?
Are there kitchens in the rooms?
- Yes, there are kitchens in the rooms. There is an oven, stovetop, dishwasher and microwave. We provide the basic utensils you would require for cooking. Please note that items such as cooking oil and paper towels are not provided to guests, it the guest's responsibility to purchase or bring these items.
What are the hours of operation for the Health Club?
- The hours of operation are 6am to 10pm. There is an adults only hour twice a day between 8am and 9am, and 9pm and 10pm.
Lost & Found?
- Lost an item while you were visiting us? Click here and use the Westin location code of 23348 to search for missing items.