5 Human Foods for Dogs
August 31, 2015
At Westin we love dogs! We’re busy getting ready for the second annual Woof Weekend, a retreat for dogs and their owners, October 2-4. Every dog that stays with us gets a pampering treatment, and during the Woof Weekend we really up the ante. Outdoor adventure hikes, special welcome treats, and a gala dinner are just a few of the perks.
Our culinary team loves the opportunity to expand their creations to this four-legged audience. To ensure everything we make is completely pet-friendly, we consulted this list, curated by the famous Dog Whisperer Cesar Milan. Some highlights:
1) Peanut Butter - Packed with protein, healthy fats, and lots of vitamins.
2) Cooked Chicken - Makes for a great meal replacement if you’re low on kibble.
3) Baby Carrots - Source of vitamins, and great for teeth!
4) Salmon - Will help keep your dog’s coat shiny.
5) Yogurt - High in calcium and protein.